NASA-funded ORNL DAAC
Environmental Sciences Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6407
- Ph.D., Geochemistry, Columbia University, NY, NY, 1981
- M.S., Geology, Columbia University, NY, NY, 1976
- B.A., Chemistry, Eisenhower College, Seneca Falls, NY, 1974
- Biogeochemistry, global change, integrated assessments, aqueous geochemistry, transport and fate of contaminants in aquatic ecosystems, water resources management.
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Associate Editor, Biogeochemistry (1996 - present)
- American Geophysical Union
- American Society of Limnology and Oceanography
- Licensed Professional Geologist, State of Tennessee
- Cook, R. B., R. J. Olson, P. Kanciruk, and L. A. Hook. 2001. Best practices for preparing ecological and ground-based data sets to share and archive. Ecol. Bulletins 82:138-141.
- Cook, R.B., G.W. Suter, and E.R. Sain. 1999. Ecological Risk Assessment in a Large River-Reservoir: 1. Introduction and Background. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 18: 581 - 588.
- Cook, R.B., J.D. Joslin, S.M. McLaughlin, C. Egar, J. Knoepp, and C. Trettin. 1998. Effects of Acid Deposition on Forests. In: 1996 Integrated Assessment - Report to Congress. National Acid Precipitation Assessment Program, Washington, D.C.
- Cook, R.B., J.W. Elwood, R.R. Turner, M.A. Bogle, P.J. Mulholland, and A.V. Palumbo. 1994. Acid-base chemistry of high-elevation streams in the Great Smoky Mountains. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution 72: 331-356.
- Rose, K.A., Brenkert, A.L., J. Schohl, F. Holly, L. Beard, R.B. Cook, and Y. Onishi. 1993. Multiple model analysis of sediment transport and contaminant distribution in the Clinch River/Watts Bar Reservoir, Tennessee, USA. Water Science and Technology 28: 65-78.
- Cook, R.B., K.A. Rose, A.L. Brenkert, and P.F. Ryan. 1992. Systematic comparison of ILWAS, MAGIC, and ETD watershed acidification models. 3. Mass balance budgets for acid neutralizing capacity. Environmental Pollution 77:235-242.
- Cook, R.B., C.A. Kelly, D.W. Schindler, and M.A. Turner. 1986. Mechanisms of hydrogen ion neutralization in an experimentally acidified lake. Limnol. Oceanogr. 31, 134-148.
- Bolin, B. and R.B. Cook (Eds.). 1983. The Major Biogeochemical Cycles and their Interactions. John Wiley and Sons. Chichester, United Kingdom. 532p.