Environmental Sciences Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
PO Box 2008
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6038
- Ph.D. in Civil (Environmental) Engineering, Auburn University, Auburn, AL, 2007
- M.S. in Environmental Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, 2002
- B. S. in Environmental Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, 1999
- Member of American Association for the American Chemical Society (ACS) and
American Society of Civil Engineer (ASCE). Held one US patents (7,581,902),
and one US patent application pending (US 2008/0190865).
- The C. Ellen Gonter Environmental Chemistry Award (ACS) and Graduate Student Award (ACS).
- Environmental Scientist/Engineer, February 2010 – present; Environmental Science Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Lead DOE Environmental Management 32 (EM-32) mercury remediation project mercury adsorbents part and participate in DOE Science Focus Area (SFA) research program. Staff Remediation Engineer, October 2007 – January 2010; Golder Associates Inc., Atlanta, Georgia
- Developed and managed groundwater and soil remediation, water treatment, and landfill gas to energy projects under the direct supervision of senior practitioners. Research Assistant, August 2003 – October 2007; Department of Civil Engineering, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
- Developed and characterized food-grade polysaccharide stabilized nanoscale zero-valent iron (NZVI) and iron sulfide (FeS) for in situ destruction of chlorinated hydrocarbons and immobilization of heavy metals in groundwater and soils (both patented).