Environmental Sciences Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
PO Box 2008
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6038
- Soil organic matter biogeochemistry in terrestrial ecosystems
- Molecular-scale processes at the organic matter-soil mineral interface
- Advanced analytical techniques to interrogate soil organic carbon chemistry
- Ph.D., Soil Science, The Ohio State University, USA, 2009
- M.S., Soil Science, The Ohio State University, USA, 2005
- M.Sc., Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry, Kerala Agricultural University, India, 1996
- B.Sc., Agricultural Sciences, Kerala Agricultural University, India, 1994
- March 10 - Present: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN
- June 09 - Feb 10: Postdoctoral Researcher, OARDC, The Ohio State University, Wooster, OH
- June 06 - May 09: Graduate Research Associate, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Sept 03 - May 05: Fellow-Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program, Participated Masters program at The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Jan 01 - July 03: Senior Research Fellow, Center for Application of System Simulation, Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi, India
- Incorporating molecular-scale mechanisms stabilizing soil organic carbon into terrestrial carbon cycle models, Oak Ridge National Laboratory Directed Research and Development Program, Oct 10 - Oct 12, $ 699,900 (Co-PI)
- Graduate Student Research Grant, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, The Ohio State University, 2007, $5000 (PI)
- Ray Travel Grant, Council of Graduate Students, The Ohio State University, 2006, $650 (PI)
- Ford FoundationÕs International Fellowship for the Masters Program at the Ohio State University, 2003, $143,000 (PI)
- Jagadamma, S. and Lal, R. 2010. Integrating physical and chemical fractionation methods for isolating stable soil organic carbon. Geoderma 158: 322-330
- Jagadamma, S. and Lal, R. 2010. Distribution of organic carbon in physical fractions of soils as affected by agricultural management. Biol. Fertil. Soils. 46: 543-554
- Jagadamma, S., Lal, R., Ussiri, D., Trumbore, S.E. and Mestelan, S. 2010. Evaluation of structural chemistry and radiocarbon age of recalcitrant soil organic carbon isolated by wet oxidation methods. Biogeochem. 98: 29-44.
- Jagadamma, S., Lal, R. and Rimal, B.K. 2009. Effects of topsoil depth and soil amendments on corn yield and properties of two alfisols in central Ohio. J. Soil Water Conserv. 64: 70-80.
- Jagadamma, S., Lal, R., Hoeft, R.G., Nafziger, E.D. and Adee, E.A. 2008. Nitrogen fertilization and cropping system impacts on soil properties and their relationship to crop yield in the central Corn Belt, USA. Soil Till. Res. 98: 120-129.
- Jagadamma, S., Lal, R., Hoeft, R.G., Nafziger, E.D. and Adee, E.A. 2007. Nitrogen fertilization and cropping systems effects on soil organic carbon and total nitrogen pools under chisel-plow tillage in Illinois. Soil Till. Res. 95: 348-356.