Environmental Sciences Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6036
Phone: (865) 241-5245
Fax: (865) 576-3989
- Synthesis, characterization and assembly of nanocrystals with controllable morphology, composition, dimensionality, microstructure and novel properties.
- Fabrication of nanocatalysts and inorganic/organic hybrid nanostructures for applications in solar energy conversion, bio-energy conversion, and environmental cleanup.
- Probe of interfacial processes at nanoscales in complex environmental systems with advanced neutron and spectroscopic scattering techniques (SANS, SAXS, SERS, DLS).
- Design and development of miniaturized sensing devices and intelligent sensors with advanced nanomaterials for nonlinear optics, biological species identification, trace chemical detection, and environmental contaminant monitoring.
- Formation, transfer and transformation of nanomaterials in subsurface systems and evaluation of toxicity of nanomaterials to natural environment and human health.
- 1987–1993: Ph.D., Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS).
- 1979–1983: B.S., Department of Chemistry, Shandong Normal University, China.