Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Telephone : (865) 574-6428
- Ph.D., Biology, Wake Forest University, 2010
- M.S., Biology, Wake Forest University, 2006
- B.S., Agriculture, Kerala Agricultural University, India, 2003
- Characterization of signaling pathways involving phytohormones and secondary metabolites during plant-microbe interaction
- Studying root growth using neutron imaging
- Sukumar P, Lewis DR, Muday GK (2010) “Polar auxin transport by ABCB19 and PIN1 regulates adventitious root formation in Arabidopsis” in review.
- Negi S*, Sukumar P*, Liu X, Cohen J, Muday GK (2010) “Genetic dissection of the role of ethylene in regulating auxin dependent lateral and adventitious root formation in tomato” Plant Journal 61:3-15.
- Chen, Z. Y., Noir, S., Kwaaitaal, M., Hartmann, H. A., Wu, M. J., Mudgil, Y., Sukumar, P., Muday, G., Panstruga, R., and Jones, A. M. J. (2009) “Two seven-transmembrane domain MLO proteins co-function in root thigmomorphogenesis” Plant Cell 21:1972-1991.
- Sukumar P*, Edwards KS*, Rahman A, Delong A, Muday GK (2009) &38220;PINOID kinase regulates root gravitropism through modulation of PIN2-dependent basipetal auxin transport in Arabidopsis” Plant Physiology 150(2) 722-735.
- Sibout R, Sukumar P, Hettiarachchi C, Holm M, Muday GK, Hardtke CS (2006) “Opposite root growth phenotypes of hy5 versus hy5 hyh mutants correlate with increased constitutive auxin signaling” PLoS Genet 2(11): 1898-191.
- Buer CB, Sukumar P, Muday GK (2006) “Ethylene modulates flavonoid accumulation and gravitropic response in roots of Arabidopsis thaliana” Plant Physiology, 140(4):1384–1396